Dr Ian Czerniewski Dr Kate Reynolds Dr Sam Chesser Dr Laura Harris
Warwickshire CV22 6AP
Tel: 01788 522448 Fax: 01788 522884
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
· This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
· We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
· In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill. This information is anonymised.
· We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
· You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
· You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
· You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
· You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
· In order to improve Covid vaccine appointment availability and share local resources effectively all practices in Rugby are using an IT booking system called ‘Accurx’ to allow cross-practice appointment booking.
At the Covid vaccination clinic, your vaccination data is entered into ‘Pinnacle’ which has been commissioned by the government as a national IT solution to allow instant updating of the National Immunisation Management Service. This allows the government to obtain real time data on the number of people vaccinated and also any immediate adverse reaction. NHS England my also use this data to monitor the effectiveness of the vaccine programme
· For more information ask at reception for appropriate Privacy Notice or visit our website www.dunchurchsurgery.warwickshire.nhs.uk and select ‘General Data Protection’ tab
SHARING YOUR DATA OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE
As a result of improvements in information technology and appropriate information governance standards, it is becoming possible to share your GP records across Coventry & Warwickshire Health & Social Care electronically using the practice clinical system. We will only share this information with your explicit consent, when seeing a health worker so that you are able to allow doctors, nurses and other health and social care services in other health organisations to view the information held on your GP records. Therefore, enabling health organisations to provide an appropriate health service required to meet the patients’ needs.
The following are examples of the types of organisations that we are likely to share information with:
· NHS and specialist hospitals, Trusts
· Independent Contractors such as dentists, opticians, pharmacists
· Private and Voluntary Sector Providers
· Ambulance Trusts
· Clinical Commissioning Groups and Primary Care Networks
· Social Care Services and Local Authorities
Any patient can choose to withdraw their consent to their data being used in this way. When the Surgery is about to participate in any new data-sharing scheme we will make patients aware by displaying prominent notices in the Surgery and on our website. These schemes are only for direct care so you (or your carer) will be present when the information is accessed and will be asked for consent again, before your records are opened.
A patient can object to their personal information being shared with other health care providers and can withhold consent but if this limits the treatment that you can receive then the doctor will explain this to you at the time.
Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Record
Dunchurch Surgery works with other health and social care organisations to share information that will form part of your Integrated Care Record. The Integrated Care Record allows health and care professionals involved in your care to view your records to help them understand your needs and make the best decisions with you, and for you. Information we hold about you will be available, to read only, to other Health and care professionals in Coventry and Warwickshire, Birmingham and Solihull, and Herefordshire and Worcestershire when they are involved in your health or social care.
For more information on how your data is used on the Integrated Care Record and how to exercise your rights please see the full Privacy Notice or copy and paste this link https://www.happyhealthylives.uk/our-priorities/digital-transformation/integrated-care-record/privacy-notice/