Back to News
COVID-19 Update 6/4/21
Posted on 6 Apr 2021
Covid 19 vaccinations update
The practice strongly recommends vaccination against Covid-19.
We are working in collaboration with the other Rugby GP practices
(The Rugby Health Primary Care Network)
to administer vaccines at:
Locke House, The Railings, Woodside Park, Rugby, CV21 2AW.
Patients are invited by the practice (by phone or by text message) to make an appointment.
Please ensure that you have told us your current mobile phone or landline number.
You may also be invited to attend the centralized vaccination centres at Birmingham or at Stoneleigh or to obtain vaccines through hospital or pharmacy sources. All vaccinations are recorded on a national database.
We have followed Government guidelines to offer vaccination to patients in the following order:
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5. all those 65 years of age and over
6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7. all those 60 years of age and over
8. all those 55 years of age and over
9. all those 50 years of age and over
We have offered a first vaccination appointment to everyone in Groups 1-9.
Second doses of vaccinations (11-12 weeks after the first) have also begun.
Patients will be invited for second vaccinations as these become due.
Invitations are, of course, subject to the availability of vaccine which is beyond our control.
If you belong to groups 1-9 above and have not yet received your first Covid 19 vaccination but would like to do so, please contact the surgery as soon as possible.
Dunchurch Surgery, 6th April 2021