Back to News
COVID-19 Update 22/3/21
Posted on 22 Mar 2021
Covid 19 vaccinations update
The practice strongly recommends vaccination against Covid-19.
We are working in collaboration with the other Rugby GP practices
(The Rugby Health Primary Care Network)
to administer vaccines at:
Locke House, The Railings, Woodside Park, Rugby, CV21 2AW.
Patients are invited by the practice (by phone or by text message) to make an appointment.
Please ensure that you have told us your current mobile phone or landline number.
You may also be invited to attend the Regional Vaccination Centre at Birmingham or the Area Vaccination Centre at Stoneleigh or to obtain vaccines through hospital or pharmacy sources. All vaccinations are recorded on a national database.
We are following Government guidelines to vaccinate patients in the following order:
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5. all those 65 years of age and over
6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7. all those 60 years of age and over
8. all those 55 years of age and over
9. all those 50 years of age and over
We have offered a first vaccination appointment to everyone in Groups 1-7 and are continuing to invite patients in age order.
Second doses of vaccinations (11-12 weeks after the first) have also begun. Patients will be invited for second vaccinations as these become due.
Invitations are, of course, subject to the availability of vaccine which is beyond our control.
If you are over 60 or in groups 1-7 above and have not yet received your first Covid 19 vaccination but would like to do so, please contact the surgery as soon as possible.
If you do not belong to groups 1-7 above:
Please ensure that you have informed us of your mobile phone or landline number.
Please do not contact the practice about appointments until you are invited to do so.
We will contact you as soon as vaccines become available for your group.
Dunchurch Surgery, 22nd March 2021